This month has whizzed by. Tomorrow is March and in less than two weeks my baby boys will be a year old. The pics for this months ‘Me and Mine’ were taken on a very cold, very sunny, day in … Continue reading
After the ‘Egg Gate‘ episode happened, we had been quickly referred for an appointment at Birmingham City Hospital for Bertie’s immunology testing. Odd — seeing as Leicester (which is closer) has a reportedly amazing immunology department — but hey, we … Continue reading
I cannot believe that in one month’s time my baby boys will be one year old! Today marks their 11 month anniversary; a full 11 months of parenthood. Cuddles, storytimes and love, with our very own children. And this last … Continue reading
Dear Twinkles, Thirteen years ago, to this very day, my beautiful boy — your daddy — and I stood up in front of our nearest and dearest and made our vows of marriage. 03.02.01. Such a memorable date. I’ve spent … Continue reading
So although I’m a couple of days late and didn’t manage to write a diary entry last week, I’m finally getting around to posting our ‘Me and Mine’ pictures for January!
It’s been such a hectic month… a new year —full of promise— with the babies learning new tricks and skills on an almost daily basis.
January has seen them both learn to wave and last week they added clapping to their repartee. Bertie was the one to instigate this; which pleased his godmother immensely, as he beat his brother to it for a change!
Also last week we had the arrival of another two teeth for Bertie — top front — and Cosmo has the front top right through, with the left almost pushing through the surface. Their faces are looking less babylike, with the appearance of their teeth. They hardly resemble the gummy little newborns that they were just a few months ago and are really starting to look like proper little boys. I can’t believe that in just two weeks my precious babies will be 11 months old. This has been the fastest year of my entire life.
It was my birthday last Saturday too — another year older
and wiser? — and whilst it was a very low-key affair, bimbling about, not really ‘celebrating’ in the truest sense of the word, I was absolutely joyful. My heart was full, in silent celebration, of the fact that I was spending my first birthday as a mother.
With my three gorgeous boys; the very best present that I could have ever dared to dream of.
So in January,
The Twinkles Momma was loving…
• Having my very first birthday card that read ‘Happy Birthday Mummy’
• Losing the first stone of baby weight. Finally.
• My new iPad.
• The fact that my clothes
were are starting to feel a bit looser.
• Silent Witness (gutted it’s finished now)
The Twinkles Daddy was loving…
• Having the Landrover back — and finally fixed — hurrah.
• Planning his veggie garden for this spring.
• All the American Football coverage on the TV for the Superbowl.
• The anticipation of the 6 Nations.
• Starting back at work and having a stellar month (best since they started the business) :)
Bertie-Bean was loving…
• Dropping Bunny out of the cot and getting mama to ‘rescue’ him. Again and Again.
• Clapping — especially when mama says ‘Pattacake’.
• Holding onto the sofa and cruising round.
• Dear Zoo.
Cosmo-Bear was loving…
• Waving and clapping.
• Mama brushing his teeth.
• Dropping Dogley out of the cot and getting mama to ‘rescue’ him. Again and Again.
• His mama. He’s been a bit of a mummy’s boy throughout January, which I have LOVED :)